Tuesday, May 12, 2009

5020 Ciggie Butts that I did not Contribute!

So... here I am. Smoking my ecig. I smoke it at least 15 times a day. I have gotten down to a combination of no nicotine and low nicotine, smoking mostly no nicotine all day and then smoking low nicotine at night, with a beverage or two (wink wink). It is wonderful that I am still smoking, but not really.

I feel awesome. Just this past weekend we went to the park and I ran about a half mile from where we were to the bus to get the camera, and I didn't stop at all! No pain, no wheezing. No lung burning. When I got to the bus I realized I had run the whole way and thought back to the last time that had happened... it was my last year of track, 8th grade year... just before I became a smoker.

I love the smell... the taste... all of it. I love that I can smell and taste! I love that I have not contributed one cigarette butt since when? Oh I can't remember and I don't even care. But just for calculation purposes, I left the tobacco behind on January 18th. This means that I haven't smoked in 116 days. At a pack a day that's 2320 cigarette butts. For six months before that, I only had 5-6 cigs a day so for estimation purposes, that would be 2700 cigarette butts. So, over the past 296 days I have eliminated 5020 cigarette butts from the earth's litter problem!


Oh my... and think of all of the toxins in my smoke I haven't contributed either!?! How do I even calculate that? Anyone?

Yeah for me! Yeah for the Earth!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi

My name is Kathleen Milner. I've just visited your website and I was wondering if you'd be interested in exchanging links with my website. I can offer you a home page link back from my Recycling and Environment website which is http://www.kathleenmilner.biz with page rank 3

As mentioned, your link would be placed on the site HOME PAGE, not on any "links" pages which may be buried in the site somewhere. I'm sure this exchange would be benefitial for both of our sites, helping towards increasing our visibility in search engines.

If you are interested, please add the following information to your website and kindly let me know when it's ready. I'll do the same for you in less than 24 hours, otherwise you can delete my link from your site.

Title: Oil Jobs
URL: http://www.yourenergyjobs.com/Oil/
Description: Gas and Oil job vacancies from the Energy Institute.

I hope you have a nice day and thank you for your time.

Best regards;

Kathleen Milner
Web Marketing Consultant
kathleen.milner@kathleenmilner.biz