Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Off the Deep End... Reality Sinks In.

Wow. 2010? No Posts? And 2012 is almost here. I can't believe it.

It's been a crazy couple of years. I have a new little one. Two is fabulous. We have moved and are living a much greener life in that big space up there above the United States. We are living a life of gardening for our food, living our life in the present, and most importantly, I believe, we have decided what is important.

As I read through my posts from the past, I can now reflect back on the anxiety and craziness that once surrounded our lives. Yes. On one hand, I still feel a pull to be a part of the fight. No one ever wants to "give up". And from an ethical perspective, we could get into a long winded drive about how we have to stand up because what is happening is wrong, but all American's know the state of the US right now and while we would like to blame it on one President or another, it's actually our own fault because we keep electing Congress back.

But then there is the other hand: Is fighting really the greenest thing you can do for yourself and family? We have all seen the movie about poor Robert Kearns and the intermintent windshield wiper. It took that poor man his family, his dignity, money, sanity and time to fight. I have personally seen this and frankly, when who you are dealing with is so corrupt and PROTECTED by the very government that is to protect you, it's citizen, it's small local business, then there is not much one can do except accept reality and move on. As we have done.

The bottom line is that in American policy you may get your voice through to a few, but tomorrow, someone with more money is going to come along and erase everything you have done. And their intentions are for profit, not for what's best.

So. I apologize to all of my fellow Vapers out there... but I have two small kids and I HAVE to do what's right by them.

I have learned a ton recently about organic gardening, home canning and preserving, and more green ways of living. So if I write, it will be about that. But I still haven't decided because frankly, as nice as a blog can be, I would rather be outside, living with the kids. =)

No comments: